Our Boxcar Media Cabinet (Second Configuration, Opening Left) offers an elegant solution to the oh-so modern problem of household media clutter. Guided by the George Nelson edict of simplicity, we offer a unified and orderly home for the full range of your entertainment and media devices and materials. Our media hub (a self-contained power and USB port) enables you to plug all of your devices into one concealed spot while just a single cord escapes neatly from the back. The top of the cabinet opens to reveal our secret turntable dock, which is perfect for housing (and charging) a computer and/or Iphone out of sight while the surface of your cabinet remains clutter-free. Subtle yet high tech, this piece is made with the highest craftsmanship and touch-release hardware.
Note: See our Boxcar Media Cabinet (Second Configuration, Opening Left) and Boxcar Media Cabinet (Second Configuration, Opening Right) for variations on this core design.
Quality is our first consideration in choosing materials for our designs. Many people gravitate toward hardwood when considering a piece of furniture, but hardwood, while beautiful and natural, may not be the best material for certain applications. It also can add considerable cost to a project and may not be the most ecological choice. For instance, the outside of our media cabinet is made with a no-added formaldehyde classic-core plywood. The outside of the plywood is perfect for painting while the interior retains its integrity for screws and dowels. Because hardwood moves when painted, lines can pop-up in the finish. The doors are made with applied veneer, which itself is a thin layer of hardwood (and ecologically responsible). The base is made with ash hardwood.
All of our items are made to order and we take great pride in hand-picking our materials and having a master-craftsman see the project through from beginning to end. Please allow three to four weeks for fabrication and one week for delivery.
Detail and Dimensions:
- 64 3/4" width x 20 3/4" depth x 24 3/4" height
- Finished on all sides
- Color: sand-blasted ash, white interior
- Inquire about custom colors
- Finish: shellac base, lacquer final coat
- Product origin: Los Angeles
- Three to four weeks for fabrication
- One week for delivery
- Items are shipped via standard ground service.
- Item is delivered inside of dwelling unless otherwise specified. (Inquire about the benefits of business to business delivery.)
- Legs of table are removed; top and base are wrapped in plastic; items are protected and placed in plywood box; wood skids are added to bottom of box for pallet wrapping.
- Delivery is by appointment (Mon-Sat) depending on area.
- Our delivery service will call to schedule within a 4-hour window.
- Delivery price is for the 48 contiguous states only; International rates vary.
- Moisture and heat can damage any wood finish. Protect your furniture by using coasters and trivets. Always wipe up moisture promptly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid dragging sharp or rough objects across the surface of your wood furniture. Using adhesive felt pads, trivets, coasters and placemats will help prevent scratches.
- Dust with a soft, dry, untreated cloth.
- Avoid direct contact with rubber bumpers and candle wax as it may react with the wood's finish and leave a stain.
- Maintain consistent humidity levels to minimize seasonal expansion and contraction of wood and prevent warping.
- Over time, air and sunlight will change the color of natural wood. Occasionally rotate the items placed on your wood furniture to allow a more uniform color to develop. Expose table leaves to the same amount of air and sunlight as your table.
- Care for your wood furniture according to its finish.
We take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our furniture. Attention to detail in design, materials and construction is always at the forefront. Every item in our collection is carefully inspected before leaving our distribution center. We encourage you to also inspect the furniture upon receipt of your purchase. In the event that damage occurs in transit, or if you discover any defect in manufacturing, please contact us at 310.435.4555.
Likewise, if you are not satisfied with your furniture purchase for any reason, please contact us within a 7-day window. If contacted within that 7-day window, we will arrange a pick-up of the items and will accept a return provided the return is completed within 90 days of delivery.
Upon return, your merchandise will be inspected. Appropriate exchanges, credits and refunds will be issued for the purchase price of the item(s) and for any taxes due to be refunded in accordance with applicable state law. Shipping and delivery charges are nonrefundable, and return shipping or pickup fees may apply. In addition, in certain circumstances, a usage or restocking fee also may apply. Orders eligible for cancellation will be refunded in the original form of tender.